20090112

Happy Birthday to Me! PopArtDiva is 58 this week - OMG!

Wednesday is my birthday and I'm going to Disneyland! So - first, I won't be posting on Wednesday and second, I am having a Disney week here at the PopArtDiva Baby Boomer Blog!

I was four years old when Disneyland park opened to the general public on July 18th, 1955. The television show Disneyland debuted on October 27th, 1954. I grew up watching and dreaming of all things Disney - I watched every incarnation of the TV show and I watched the original Mickey Mouse Club faithfully every week. I am an official Disney Freak. Walt Disney is one of the reasons I became an artist.

I have been to Disneyland so many times I can't count them. I've been to Disney World, traveling cross country in a motorhome to go there. My phone's ring tone is The Mickey Mouse Club theme song. I wanted my own Tinkerbell, I always thought it would be fun to get married at Sleeping Beauty Castle and my favorite song in the whole wide world is When You Wish Upon A Star.

Here
is Cliff Edwards, the voice of Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio, singing the original version of WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR:



And, since it's Retro Commercials Monday, here's Tinkerbell selling Peter Pan - do you recognize Sterling Holloway as the narrator?:



There is nothing better than spending a day at the Happiest Place in the World - no matter how old a kid you are.

----------------------------------

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Thanks for all your comments! Isabelle, beamed at your compliment about her artwork! I hope you have a wonderful birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Have fun at Disney. I just love Disney too. Wish I was there to go with you. I've never been to Disneyland, just Disneyworld. It's just great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle - I'm glad Isabelle enjoyed my comments - she really is a natural cartoonist as I said! Thank you for the birthday wishes - I'm hoping to have a great day!

    Cindy - thanks, wish you could come too! Disneyland is so much better than Disneyworld in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Congratulations and I wish you a wonderful year ahead- lots of nostalgia, new martinis, and adventure at every turn! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Casey - I'd like a little less adventure this year though, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...