20090216

IT'S OSCAR WEEK - Academy Award Nostalgia, Videos, Music and Moments

The 81st Annual Academy Awards will air this coming Sunday, February 22nd. I love movies and I love the Oscars. So today I want to share some of my favorite Oscar moments with you:

My favorite host ever, Billy Crystal and his 2004 Academy Awards Introduction:

  1. The Classy David Niven and The Streaker
  2. Jack Palance wins and does one hand push up
  3. Billy Crystal - Prince of Tides Parody, 64th Annual Academy Awards
  4. Cuba Gooding's Joyful Acceptance
  5. Steven Spielberg finally wins for Schindler's List, 1994
  6. Clint Eastwood wins his first Oscar for Directing Unforgiven, 1993
  7. Jack Nicholson wins for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, 1976
To this day this remains my most UNFAVORITE moment at the Oscars:

Marlon Brando sends up Sacheen Littlefeather to REFUSE his Best Actor Award for The Godfather, 1973

Don't touch that dial, stay tuned and dim the lights because:

Tomorrow I will be posting some of the most classic movie lines.
Wednesday I will be posting some classic moments in Oscar history.
Thursday I will be posting 13 of my Favorite Best Pictures
Friday I will be posting some of my Favorite Songs from the Movies

------------------
Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA GIFT GALLERY!