20090217

IT'S OSCAR WEEK - Classic Movie Lines, Quotes and Audio Clips

With the Academy Awards coming up this Sunday I thought you might enjoy some of my favorite classic movie lines today.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" Gone With The Wind (1939)
"Have fun storming the castle." Princess Bride (1987)
"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night" - All About Eve (1950)
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." - The Godfather (1972)
"Go, and never darken my towels again!" - Duck Soup (1933)
"Use the force, Luke." - Star Wars (1977)
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Apocalypse Now (1979)
"Go ahead, make my day." - Sudden Impact (1983)
"He-e-e-e-re's Johnny!" - The Shining (1980)
"I'll have what she's having." - When Harry Met Sally (1989)
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr Strangelove (1964)
"Hasta la vista, baby." - Terminator 2 (1991)
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." - Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." - Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
"Love means never having to say you're sorry." - Love Story (1970)

AFI's top 100 movie quotes which you can download as a PDF!

Some Famous Last Words at the Movies:

". . . .after all, tomorrow is another day." Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With The Wind (1939)
". . . ., there's no place like home" - Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz (1939)
"Oh no! It wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast." King Kong (1933)
". . . . .I'm having an old friend for dinner. . ." Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs (1991)
"Well, nobody's perfect!" Some Like It Hot (1959)
". . . .I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Rick in Casablanca (1942)

Some of my all time favorite movie sound bytes, great classic movie quips:










My all time favorite movie speech is this one from Kevin Costner (Crash Davis) in Bull Durham- warning, a bit explicit:



--------------------
Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!