20100703

POP ART COOKIES - Cookies that won't go to your hips!

POP ART COOKIES
Cookies that will NOT go to your hips!
Put some POP in your kitchen or wardrobe!
on Posters, T-shirts, Aprons, Cards, Business Cards, Cups & Other Fun Stuff:

When I was working on my newest pieces in my Pop Art Food Series (Pop Art Cakes, Pop Art Pies) I did a quick cookie sketch too but it was not my favorite of the three and I almost didn't do this Pop Art! I mean how much can you do with a stack of cookies??

Interestingly enough, my POP ART COOKIES turned out to be my favorite. I think it's because I love the kind of retro background I created for this one. There's something about those circles that just really pop the cookies. Plus it was fun making the chocolate chips in a rainbow.

I may use this background idea for my Pop Art Hamburgers, Hot Dogs & Fries too. It's got that retro drive-in feel to it.

I'm having a great time with this series of Pop Art Food - every one of these remind me of being a kid and eagerly anticipating one of my Mom's homemade desserts. I still love her cherry pie better than any other I've ever tasted and her Gingersnaps are my all time favorite cookie. It's nice when my own art brings me these kind of wonderful memories. They also make me hungry and I ended up making a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday - yes, I used M&M's instead of chips, had to have my rainbow colors!

Have a great 4th of July Weekend! Be sure to check my Twitter today - I'm tweeting cookie quotes, facts & recipes all day!
-------------------
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
SHOP THE POP for Pop Art Tees, Posters & Gifts:
The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery