20090715

MORE PINK THAN YOU THINK! - Pink Week for the Cure

When I Think Pink the first thing that comes to mind is cotton candy, it was a favorite confection of mine as a kid. Cotton candy was a sugary, pink cloud of stickiness and I loved it. I also think of Barbie - there's something very "pink" about Barbie to me, very girly and diva. Then I think of Elvis' Pink Cadillac - I love the idea of a pink Caddy - you've probably seen my Elvis Art that features a hot pink Cadillac and if not here it is:

From PopArtDiva.com

I'm more of a hot pink person than a pale pink person but I love combinations of all the various hues and shades - especially in shoes! Oh, and let's not forget I had a pair of pink eye glasses when I was about eight. No, my bike was blue - sorry!

In keeping with my THINK PINK event I have found some fun Pink Things for you:

A Squidoo Lens all about the color Pink
PINK'S FAMOUS HOT DOGS WEBSITE
Pink is the New Blog - gossip blog
The band Pink Martini
Yup, Twitter has a Pink!

PINK MARTINIS already posted:
The Pink Lady Martini
The Pink Cadillac Martini
Coming at The Martini Diva in the next 2 weeks:
High Maintenance Diva Martini
Pink Diva Martini
Pink Sling-a-Tini
Pink Squirrel Martini

PINK APPETIZERS already posted:
Pink Salmon Sliders
Honey Do Wraps

Coming at The Tiny Food Diva in the next 2 weeks:
Pink Grapefruit Skewers
Pink Ham Roll-Ups
Pink Mermaid Sea Food
Mini Strawberry Pizzas

IT'S TIME FOR A CURE!
BreastCancer.Org
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
National Cancer Institute
-----
CLICK HERE GET YOUR FUN THINK PINK GEAR
TEES, POSTERS, APRONS - EVEN SHOES!

Think pink and enjoy Pink Cadillac by Jerry Lee Lewis in this fun video cartoon:


2 comments:

  1. I was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer...will the color for that be brown? ;-) See, it's good to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - I'm sorry to hear that but it's great that you have a sense of humor - they say laughter really is the best medicine!

    Since so few women look good in brown I think we should use pink for all forms of female cancer!

    And you pointed out that I should widen my scope to include other forms of cancer that afflicts women - much of my family died from cervical or uteran cancer!

    Good luck and let me know how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...