20090217

IT'S OSCAR WEEK - Classic Movie Lines, Quotes and Audio Clips

With the Academy Awards coming up this Sunday I thought you might enjoy some of my favorite classic movie lines today.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" Gone With The Wind (1939)
"Have fun storming the castle." Princess Bride (1987)
"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night" - All About Eve (1950)
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." - The Godfather (1972)
"Go, and never darken my towels again!" - Duck Soup (1933)
"Use the force, Luke." - Star Wars (1977)
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Apocalypse Now (1979)
"Go ahead, make my day." - Sudden Impact (1983)
"He-e-e-e-re's Johnny!" - The Shining (1980)
"I'll have what she's having." - When Harry Met Sally (1989)
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr Strangelove (1964)
"Hasta la vista, baby." - Terminator 2 (1991)
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." - Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." - Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
"Love means never having to say you're sorry." - Love Story (1970)

AFI's top 100 movie quotes which you can download as a PDF!

Some Famous Last Words at the Movies:

". . . .after all, tomorrow is another day." Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With The Wind (1939)
". . . ., there's no place like home" - Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz (1939)
"Oh no! It wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast." King Kong (1933)
". . . . .I'm having an old friend for dinner. . ." Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs (1991)
"Well, nobody's perfect!" Some Like It Hot (1959)
". . . .I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Rick in Casablanca (1942)

Some of my all time favorite movie sound bytes, great classic movie quips:










My all time favorite movie speech is this one from Kevin Costner (Crash Davis) in Bull Durham- warning, a bit explicit:



--------------------
Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the quotes! I love the "I Believe" speech from "Bull Durham". It is right up there with Tom Hank's speech about "No Crying in Baseball".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any quote from Bette Davis. Especially: This place is a dump, or however it goes. The way she says DUMP! kills me. Love the Oscar trivia. Wonderful you PopArtDiva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pjazzy- Yup, those are two of my favorites, as you can see here, lol!

    Elizabeth - Oh Bette was a corker! My favorite is actually on my Press Page at PopArtDiva.com - look to the right of my logo id bar at top and click for the sound file!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching "Some Like It Hot" last night and saying to myself that "Well, nobody's perfect!" is one of the best closing lines in movie history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malcolm - and Tony Curtis is the best looking drag queen ever, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love to read famous quotes..I have found a site with huge collection of quotes. check it out
    Famous quotes

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...