20090102

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAY - A RETRO HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This week's Old School Friday is a "free day"
so I am using the opportunity to wish you a
VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old School Style!

GUY LOMBARDO (This one's for you Mom & Dad!)


ELVIS (For my sister, Patty):


THE BEACH BOYS (This was my generation's version):


THE RAT PACK VERSION, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin:


BOBBY DARIN CROONS A HAPPY NEW YEAR:


A SOUND OF MUSIC FOR NEW YEARS, Julie Andrew's Version:


----------------------------------------------
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine
The rules are simple:
1. Anyone can participate; any music genre
2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999
3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version
4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane
5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out
6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participants

If you want to join in on the fun, click here.
------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

  1. I love all this nostalgia!! Thanks for tracking down all these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Gosh I love Elvis!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle - Yeah I had a great time listening to them all at around 5 this morning, lol.

    Just Me - Oh, you love Elvis? Just wait until the 8th of this month - his birthday - I'm posting a tribute to ELVIS with all my Elvis art I've done! I'm takin' care of Elvis business, thank you, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching the Guy Lombardo video makes me realize how non-standard my New Years have always been. Watching a ball drop at 10 pm in a place I'd never been or really wanted to go bored me, so I turned the TV off most years. Champagne gives me a headache. Fireworks in the snow isn't all that fun. The only guy who ever wanted to go out with me on New Years is my husband, and he only once took me to a party. It wasn't a dress up party. Almost makes me feel like I missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AliceAudrey - I quit going out on New Year's Eve ages ago. When I did go out in those days I would usually book a room at one of the nicer hotels in San Francisco where they had a great party. Then I was safe and off the roads away from all the amateurs!

    I did my thing then and now my thing is celebrating with a nice meal on the 1st and watching dvds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great stuff. Where do you find all these video clips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy - I get them at YouTube - I just search for what I want then copy and adjust the embed codes - simple!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!