20090105

IT'S ELVIS WEEK! - A WEEK LONG TRIBUTE TO ELVIS PRESLEY

January 8th is Elvis' birthday. He left the building of our hearts on August 16, 1977 - nearly 31 years ago, and - as a tribute to The King of Rock and Roll - all this week is Elvis Week on The PopArtDiva Baby Boomer Blog.
(Elvis is a Capricorn like me! Gotta love it!)

The very first Elvis Presley song I ever heard was Can't Help Falling In Love With You. It was the tune that played on a small silver music box that my sister, Patty, had. When I told her I liked the pretty music she pulled out a 45 and played Elvis' recording for me. To this day whenever I hear this song I think of Elvis and my sister. Though both are gone now, this song helps me remember them both.

Can't Help Falling In Love
was the first time I heard Elvis sing, it was also the last song I heard him sing live (Las Vegas at The Hilton in 1972.) Though I never saw Elvis perform live again it is my understanding that he nearly always closed his live performances after 1968 with this particular song - including his last performance in 1977.

I can't think of a more appropriate song to start off my tribute to Elvis Presley. Could anyone help falling in love with him? Thank you, Patty, for introducing me to The King - this post is for you!


--------------------------

You can get my tribute to Elvis, Ladies & Gentlemen, ELVIS Has Left The Planet, as:
A Fine Art Giclee on Canvas in various sizes
A 16"x20" Poster
Apparel, Home Decor and other fun Gifts

5 comments:

  1. I break out in "A little less conversation and little more action" during long useless meetings at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing - oh god, that's funny! Of course, the question begs - what kind of action?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis always reminds me of my wonderful Aunt who loved him! One of my kids loves to listens to him and dance all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabrielle - thanks for stopping by. Elvis brings back great memories for so many of us - and his music still rocks the young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice tribute to your sister. I look forward to reading your other Elvis posts this week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!