20090105

IT'S ELVIS WEEK! - A WEEK LONG TRIBUTE TO ELVIS PRESLEY

January 8th is Elvis' birthday. He left the building of our hearts on August 16, 1977 - nearly 31 years ago, and - as a tribute to The King of Rock and Roll - all this week is Elvis Week on The PopArtDiva Baby Boomer Blog.
(Elvis is a Capricorn like me! Gotta love it!)

The very first Elvis Presley song I ever heard was Can't Help Falling In Love With You. It was the tune that played on a small silver music box that my sister, Patty, had. When I told her I liked the pretty music she pulled out a 45 and played Elvis' recording for me. To this day whenever I hear this song I think of Elvis and my sister. Though both are gone now, this song helps me remember them both.

Can't Help Falling In Love
was the first time I heard Elvis sing, it was also the last song I heard him sing live (Las Vegas at The Hilton in 1972.) Though I never saw Elvis perform live again it is my understanding that he nearly always closed his live performances after 1968 with this particular song - including his last performance in 1977.

I can't think of a more appropriate song to start off my tribute to Elvis Presley. Could anyone help falling in love with him? Thank you, Patty, for introducing me to The King - this post is for you!


--------------------------

You can get my tribute to Elvis, Ladies & Gentlemen, ELVIS Has Left The Planet, as:
A Fine Art Giclee on Canvas in various sizes
A 16"x20" Poster
Apparel, Home Decor and other fun Gifts