20081205

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - Actors Who Sing

This week's OSF is Actors Who Sing and when I saw that I immediately thought of David Soul singing Don't Give Up On Us Baby. David Soul was one of the stars of Starsky and Hutch in the 1970s. When I was a kid and teenybopper many of my favorite tv stars made attempts at being pop stars as well and I've posted just a few of the more famous (or infamous) examples here for a little fun musical nostalgia:



You may also remember Shelley Fabares (of The Donna Reed Show) and her one hit, Johnny Angel:



And how about Johnny Crawford (The Rifleman) singing Cindy's Birthday:



And Remember Paul Peterson (also of The Donna Reed Show) and She Can't Find Her Keys:



And Richard Chamberlain was quite a decent singer, starring in several musicals later in his career. Here's a couple of his earliest, including him singing the theme from Dr. Kildaire Three Stars Will Shine Tonight and Hi Lili Hi Lo:







Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you definitely threw me for a loop, but I am loving it. I didn't know that the tv actor/attempted pop star deal was that big of a movement. One more note to add to my pop culture historian notes. TV Land should do a special on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...David Soul! I haven't heard that in years!

    Nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I checked out your post for this OSF and you showed me a trick or two also! Had to laugh at your Joey Lawrence section and found out you are also an Eli Stone fan.

    MsMarvalus - Don't ask me why but the minute I saw your subject for this OSF I thought of David Soul singing this, lol - then went on from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I forgot all about David Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regina - though I loved Starsky and Hutch - Starsky was my favorite and, frankly, I thought this song sucked even back in the 70s, lol - so forgetting about it is forgivable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave it to you! Only you could come up with some ultimate old school stuff from my childhood. Of course I watched the Donna Reed Show, so I remember "Johnny Angel". I love these trips down memory lane girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Pjazzy! I have to thank you for your posting of Gregory Hines on this weeks TT - one of my all time favorites that I miss terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ms. Pop Art--

    You constantly amaze me! How do you find these wonderful retro moments? I hadn't heard the last one by Dr. Kildare and it was wonderful hearing him sing while looking at the photo retrospective. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eileen - I have a google alert for all types of retro pop culture and find great stuff that way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Pop Art Diva, Actually Gregory and I had a mutual friend when I was living in the Los Angeles area. He shared with her that he was dying, but vowed her to secrecy because he did not want the press to get a hold of it. I do remember him on Will & Grace, funny stuff :-)

    I spent last week watching "The Thornbirds". Richard Chamberlain was too fine! I never knew he sang until you posted this retrospect. You are awesome at collecting memories.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...