20081205

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - Actors Who Sing

This week's OSF is Actors Who Sing and when I saw that I immediately thought of David Soul singing Don't Give Up On Us Baby. David Soul was one of the stars of Starsky and Hutch in the 1970s. When I was a kid and teenybopper many of my favorite tv stars made attempts at being pop stars as well and I've posted just a few of the more famous (or infamous) examples here for a little fun musical nostalgia:



You may also remember Shelley Fabares (of The Donna Reed Show) and her one hit, Johnny Angel:



And how about Johnny Crawford (The Rifleman) singing Cindy's Birthday:



And Remember Paul Peterson (also of The Donna Reed Show) and She Can't Find Her Keys:



And Richard Chamberlain was quite a decent singer, starring in several musicals later in his career. Here's a couple of his earliest, including him singing the theme from Dr. Kildaire Three Stars Will Shine Tonight and Hi Lili Hi Lo:







Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!