20081212

Favorite Band + Old School Fridays = Happy Together

Today's topic for Old School Fridays is Favorite Band. Now, this one was difficult for me because in my favorite music era there were some really great bands! The most notable ones being The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.

But I had to give a little "high five" to another band and one of my all time favorite songs - The Turtles and Happy Together. This video is from 1967 and even includes the lyrics so you can sing along! There's just something about this song that always makes me do a little chair dance when it comes on!



----------------------------------
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. If you want to join in on the fun, click here.
----------------------------------

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a fun song. I used to sing this to my husband when we were newlyweds.

    Happy OSF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great song for newleyweds! I never even thought of it that way.

    BTW - I really enjoyed your OSF and the posting of Duke Ellington's band - I so love the big band era!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with HD...such a fun song!

    Happy OSF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those songs that I never get tired of hearing. Because it had been awhile, I pulled out The Turtles 20 Greatest Hits and listened to it for my work commute one day last week. Watching this clip from The Ed Sullivan Show always brings a smile to my face (esp. seeing Mark Volman wearing a turtleneck sweater and a tie).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this song.The Turtles were an awesome group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MsMaravlus - I think that's why I have always liked it.

    Malcolm - I know! The tie with turtleneck combo was a crackup!

    John - I have to be honest - this was really the only song of theirs that I really loved - though I did like the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I love the lyric, "If I should call you up invest and you say you belong to me and ease my mind". Ten cent phone calls! I know kids that have never seen a pay phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Pjazzy, leave it to you to point out the cool retro history in a song!

    You got me going on this and I've decided to do a quick post on it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...