20130708

CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY FOOD ART


Even if I haven't posted in a while it doesn't mean I haven't been busy making new art!  In fact, I've been so busy I haven't had much time to post the new pieces here but finally I have a few spare minutes to get my new art up. Get ready, I have quite a few pieces ready to share with you in the upcoming weeks.

I've been missing doing some "real world" art for a while. By real world I mean, non-digitally created art.  One of my favorite mediums is colored pencil.  I adore Prismacolors and just a while back I broke my piggy bank and invested in two new sets of colored pencils - one from Berol (Prismacolors) and one from Dick Blick (Prismacolor clones).

Because I do so much social media revolving around food, cooking, cocktails and recipes I decided to do a series of food themed illustrations.  This was my very first one, started the night I got my set of Prismacolors.  It's one of my favorite desserts - Chocolate Covered Strawberries.

where you can read more about the piece and get the specifics.




Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook