20090520

Phoning It In, Happy Birthday Cher, Bedtime for Bonzo - It's a mish mash of retro pop culture today

Phone It In and Beam Me Up:
I've been really busy lately and have been "cheating" a bit on my posting - with nine blogs and several online stores and websites it can be a little overwhelming when life gets busy offline too!

It brought to mind that old phrase "Phoning It In" - and I started to laugh because with today's technology you really can "Phone It In"! You can send posts to your blogs, send videos from your cell phone to YouTube and even Twitter and Facebook via your phone.

When I think back to my childhood and remember how cool I thought it would be to have a Dick Tracy Wrist Watch Phone or a Star Trek Communicator, I look at my cell phone and realize that we've gone far beyond "where no man has gone before" in communication devices. Now if only I can figure out a way to beam myself around I'll be a happy little PopArtDiva, lol.

Birthdays, Bonzo & Bono:
Happy Birthday to Cher & Joe Cocker - today is also the birthday of the late former President Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Stewart.

So here's some birthday tribute videos of The Sonny & Cher Show and Ronald Reagan I'd thought you'd get a kick out of - the second one especially:

Many of you who are too young to remember might enjoy this trailer for the movies that Ronald Reagan is most well known for - Bedtime for Bonzo:


Now,here's a great clip from The Sonny & Cher Show WITH Ronald Reagan when he was Governor of California - this one had me laughing at loud and you will too (remember the "coveted Bono Award"?:



-----------------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!