20090514

FORGIVE ME FATHER FOR I HAVE PIGGED OUT


MY THIRTEEN FAVORITE SINFUL FOODS:
(Not necessarily in this order as my cravings are not subject to any kind of organization)
  1. Jack in the Box Tacos - These are probably the worst fast food items out there and I love them and have for 30 years. And you still get 2 for a buck!
  2. Winchell's plain cake donut with a white glaze and chocolate sprinkles. I haven't seen a Winchell's for years but I have been known to bully local donut shops into making these for me. I've even gone so far as to make them myself - but donuts are a pain in the butt to make.
  3. Krispy Kremes - hot and warm right out of their store. Not from an outlet and not cooled down. I have NEVER made it home with an intact box of fresh Krispy Kremes, usually I eat 6 before I get home and then I feel like a pig - but a happy sugar filled pig.
  4. Premium chocolate ice cream with sliced bananas and fresh strawberries that have been blended with sugar into a coulee. No bowl required just pour a little of the strawberry mixture and toss in a few slices of banana on top of the pint of ice cream and dig in.
  5. Old fashioned popcorn with enough butter to sink the Titanic. I'm talking popcorn popped on the stove here, not microwaved - and real butter, not that diesel fuel you get in the movies! I loved popcorn so much I took a bag on my first cruise because I'd heard (back in those days anyway) that they didn't have popcorn! My steward took it down to the kitchen and they popped the entire bag! I opened my stateroom door and there were 3 stewards standing there holding huge bowls of the popped corn that should have lasted the whole cruise. I took one gynourmous bowl for myself and sent the other 2 down to the bars.
  6. Baby back ribs - a whole slab, and don't you DARE touch my plate! Accompanied by crisp french fries, baked beans and coleslaw - and an ice cold Bohemia beer.
  7. A real clam bake - but keep the clams and get the hell out of my way if you're standing in front of the lobster!!! I will eat fresh lobster until I grow claws myself. In a pinch you may serve me King Crab legs.
  8. An honest to god, real Chocolate Malted. Made with chocolate ice cream and lots of malt, blended just enough to mix the ingredients. A metal spoon must stand up in it - I warn anyone making one for me that if the spoon doesn't do this they have to start over!
  9. Der Wienerschnitzel chili dogs. What can I say, I get cravings for them and have to have about 6 at least once a year.
  10. Designer Martinis - I love martinis so much I have a whole website devoted to them: The Martini Diva where I've posted over 100 unique martini recipes.
  11. Avocados - I love avocados and they're actually good for you but they are fattening so that's how they made it on this list.
  12. A Porterhouse steak - cooked medium rare to medium, seared on the outside, tender and dripping in juices.
  13. My Mom's Gingersnap Cookies - really molasses cookies, baked just until they're soft and chewy with a crispy edge and served with a big glass of ice cold milk.

    soundboard.com
----------------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!