20090112

Happy Birthday to Me! PopArtDiva is 58 this week - OMG!

Wednesday is my birthday and I'm going to Disneyland! So - first, I won't be posting on Wednesday and second, I am having a Disney week here at the PopArtDiva Baby Boomer Blog!

I was four years old when Disneyland park opened to the general public on July 18th, 1955. The television show Disneyland debuted on October 27th, 1954. I grew up watching and dreaming of all things Disney - I watched every incarnation of the TV show and I watched the original Mickey Mouse Club faithfully every week. I am an official Disney Freak. Walt Disney is one of the reasons I became an artist.

I have been to Disneyland so many times I can't count them. I've been to Disney World, traveling cross country in a motorhome to go there. My phone's ring tone is The Mickey Mouse Club theme song. I wanted my own Tinkerbell, I always thought it would be fun to get married at Sleeping Beauty Castle and my favorite song in the whole wide world is When You Wish Upon A Star.

Here
is Cliff Edwards, the voice of Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio, singing the original version of WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR:



And, since it's Retro Commercials Monday, here's Tinkerbell selling Peter Pan - do you recognize Sterling Holloway as the narrator?:



There is nothing better than spending a day at the Happiest Place in the World - no matter how old a kid you are.

----------------------------------

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!