20080903

WEDNESDAYS RETRO MEME "I REMEMBER WHEN": Did YOU ever go watch the Submarine Races??

When I was much younger - a few decades or so,
and my hormones boiled up to "Overflow",
my boyfriend and I would make-out by the ocean
where the car would be parked, though still in motion!

The windows would drip from the steam we created,
the result of endless hours "making out" unabated.
Our legs and arms were tangled up in the car,
that gear shift was the most unpleasant by far!

We told our parents, in a white lie of disgrace
that we had been watching the Submarine Race!
This tale did not fool them, our folks knew the score
For they had been to this race a few times before!

It's been many a year since I've been to the races
of submarine boats in those make out places,
Today no windows get steamed on balmy nights
and no gear shifts or steering wheels poke or bite.

I'm older and wiser, my hormones in stasis,
but the memories linger of Submarine Races.
And now, when I think of the beach and the sand,
I remember those races from way back when.

The Submarine Races copyright 2008 by PopArtDiva.com. All Rights Reserved.

---------------------
Would you like to join in on my Wednesday
I REMEMBER WHEN Meme?


GREAT! Here's the rules:

1. Write a NOSTALGIC blog post with the theme of I REMEMBER WHEN
and INCLUDE A LINK BACK to this blog using this url: http://www.popartdiva.blogspot.com
(If you need the code to insert my link e-mail me at RememberCode@popartdiva.com and I'll send you the code to insert!)

2. Then come here every Wednesday, read my post, make your comment and include the link back to your post! We'll all have some nostalgia and retro fun and enjoy some increased blog traffic!

3. Post these rules at the bottom of your post.

3. Please no profanity, idiocy or meanness - I'll delete your post and you'll be grounded until you become an adult!

I will do my best to answer all comments made on my blog and I'll read yours and post a comment whenever I can!
-----------------------------------