20080626

DAVY JONES - STILL A CUTE MONKEE!

So, there I am, slumped in bed, eating Ding Dongs and who do I see doing a commercial for Gorilla Trades? Little Davy Jones, formerly of The Monkees Fame.

It was so retro I almost choked on my ding dong! There he was doing a typical Monkee style dance with a guy in a gorilla suit - something you would easily have seen on the original tv show. In fact, I think they did do a "guy in a gorilla suit" scene and I wish I could find it for you, but, alas, no amount of searching for "The Monkees+guy in a gorilla suit+Davy Jones" brought me any satisfaction.

I did find the episode of Davy Jones on The Brady Bunch though - do you remember that one? Marsha, Marsha, Marsha sneaks into Davy's recording session (was there no such thing as rock star security in Bradyland?) and begs for Davy to go to her school prom. She gets booted - I guess being President of the Fillmore Junior High Fan Club didn't have the pull Marsha, Marsha, Marsha had hoped for!

BUT, We all know what happened, Davy shows up and woohoo, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha is popular again! Ah, isn't it lovely to be a Marsha in the land of seventies sitcoms?

Anyway, it's good to see Davy Jones still out there plugging - even if it is for a stock trading company - and still looking pretty darn cute doing it!



Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!