20070720

ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND - 38 Years Ago Man Walked On The Moon!


38 years ago today the Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz"Aldrin walked on the moon. Neil Armstrong gave a short speech that has since become one of the all time greats in history and pop culture:


"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."



Enjoy the transcript of the entire log from that historic day directly from N.A.S.A.

Scroll down to 109:24:13 for the famous quote.


I will always remember where I was when I watched man walk on the moon on national television in the summer of 1969. It was the year I graduated from high school - one small step for me - one giant leap for my folks, lol. But seriously, how can anyone forget?


I have always believed in our space program and I still believe in our need to explore our universe. Now, more than ever, we should expand our horizons and enlarge our expectations. Our dreams are our ticket to a better future.
Dear N.A.S.A. - Thank you for all your efforts and your sacrifices on our behalf.