20140919

FLOWERS OF MY HEART Colored Pencil Drawing

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202568983/flowers-of-my-heart-original-colored?ref=shop_home_active_14

 Like many illustrators who have been boxed in by client commissions for many years, I love being able to just let a drawing happen organically!  This is an intuitive and freeing process which allows a creative work to grow pretty much on it's own, guided solely by the instinct of an experienced artist.

FLOWERS OF MY HEART is a result of this process. Just starting with the outline of a heart, it grew into a surprising little surreal landscape all on it's own, complete with fantasy flowers, fluffy clouds morphing out of an abstract area of heart "tissue".  When the heart was finished I accented it by framing it in repeat patterns of the flowers and the cross hatched border.

I like it. I think I'll do more hearts this way!

$65
Image Size: 7-1/2" x 8"
Paper Size: 8-1/2" x 11"
via my Etsy Store.
Shipping Included

via my Etsy Store
Image 7-1/2' x 8' on heavy weight, high gloss, 8-1/2"x11" Paper
Shipping Included

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook