20130710

FOOD FOR LIFE COLORED PENCIL ART - Farm to Table Inspired

 

 FOOD FOR LIFE started it's journey as a logo design for a company (who shall remain nameless) that never finished paying me for the work.  I have contracts with all my clients and one of the provisos is that "you don't pay, I don't play" - in other words, if I don't get payment in full they don't get anything at all from me and I retain all rights to the work and keep all payments issued. (Hey! I did the work I can't help it if they didn't need or want it!) Such was the case with this design.  I later found out the company never really got off the ground - bad for them but good for me as I got paid half my fee and still got to keep the work.

I always loved this design, it was elegant and I kept it around always planning to do something with it.  When I started this food art series a few months ago I realized it was absolutely perfect for the sustainable, farm to table movement and I took the design and turned it into a full blown illustration.

The nice thing about this design is the Tree/Fork is beautiful all on it's own in stark black and white so it can still be licensed on limited terms to any natural, farm to table brand/restaurant!

where you can read more about the piece and get the specifics.

 

 
OTHER DESIGNS IN MY FOOD ART SERIES:


Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook