20110408

ELECTRIC SLIDE COWBOY BOOTS POP ART

Image ©2011 by PopArtDiva.Com. All Rights Reserved.
No permission given to copy, print, distribute, e-mail, share, post or reproduce without a licensing agreement from PopArtDiva.Com.

ELECTRIC SLIDE BOOTS
Pop Art Cowboy Boots Series #4

Electric Slide Boots is the fourth and final painting in my Pop Art Cowboy Boots series.  These were actually a pair of cowboy boots I owned and wore, the only difference is I used white where my boots were black.  The white pops more against the lavender - purple cosmic sky scape background so I took a little creative license with a favorite pair of shoes for the sake of art.

The name comes from a western dance made popular during the Urban Cowboy era called the Electric Slide - still a popular dance in cowboy bars today.  I always liked the music and thought the name was a perfect fit for this illustration.

Like the other three paintings in this series (Midnight Cowboy Boots, All Dressed Up, Sunrise Sunset, Ya'll), Electric Slide Boots has a space inspired background - a recurring theme in my work over the years as a result of having been a sci-fi illustrator way back in my earlier illustration career.  Painting alien skies, moon, stars & meteors is much more fun than painting ugly alien monsters as far as I'm concerned - I'll leave the monsters to Hollywood FX experts and teenage boys!
 I invite you to Get Your Dance Moves On with my:

ELECTRIC SLIDE COWBOY BOOTS
AVAILABLE FOR LICENSING
Can be Customized for your Logo or Product!
and is
Available on
                                          
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...