Happy Butterfly Awareness Day!
Celebrate these beautiful and amazing inhabitants of our world by checking out Lepidopterology.Com and get yourself some cool art & gifts featuring my BUTTERFLY POP ART at The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery!
Here's a few cool facts about Butterflies:
- Butterflies range in size from a tiny 1/8 inch to a huge almost 12 inches
- Butterflies taste with their feet!
- Many butterflies are territorial and fight, chasing others out of their territory.
- Butterflies can’t hear, but they can feel vibrations.
- Butterflies cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees.degrees.
- Butterflies don't have mouths, they have a proboscis - a long tube that works like a straw.
- Butterflies do not get bigger as they age - a young butterfly is a caterpillar.
- Antarctica is the only continent on which no Lepidoptera have been found.
- A caterpillar (baby butterfly or moth) grows to about 27,000 times it's original egg size.
- Most butterflies make no sound, but some in Florida and Texas make a loud clicking sound with their wings.