20091009

John Lennon Remembered - Birthday Memorial

"When The Music's Over" copyright by PopArtDiva.com

Today would have been John Lennon's 69th birthday. John Winston Lennon was born in Liverpool on October 9th, 1940 to Julia and Alfred Lennon. He was named after his paternal grandfather, John Lennon and Winston Churchill.

Did you know that John was born during a German Air Raid on London? Another little bit of trivia - Elton John is the godfather of his son Sean Lennon
.

Happy Birthday, John - I hope you have achieved the Peace you so badly wanted for the world.
----------------
OLD SCHOOL FRIDAY MEME
  1. Anyone can participate; any music genre;
  2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999;
  3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version;
  4. Post no more than 2 videos of your favorite old school song to take us back down memory lane;
  5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out;
  6. Have fun and don’t forget to leave comments for other participants!

------------
Check out The POP ART DIVAS - Original Miniature Paintings by PopArtDiva
Prices for originals starting at $20!

Check out MY LATEST ART PROJECTS at my ART BLOG


-------------------

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

One Click Shopping at The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery:

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I really like it! I'm a huge Beatles fan and definitely love John Lenon. Have you ever seen any of the Beatles' documentaries like hard Days Night or The Beatles First Trip to the U.S.? They are both super good and shoe how revolutionary the band was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Sarah - I saw them way back in the day - remember, I'm almost as old as John Lennon would have been! (Well, okay I'm 11 years younger but....)

    I remember going to see Hard Day's Night when it first came out - I bought a ton of Sweet Tarts, poured them into an old Mickey's Beer Bottle and relabeled them "Beatlemania Pills" - yes, I was a bit of a nerd when it came to the Beatles, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The mere thought of John Lennon turning sixty-nine is unimaginable. It boggles the mind how fast the years have flown by. He'd likely no longer be an ever-so-fab mop-head, but I bet he'd still be sporting some groovy gear in swinging London style.

    But, sixty-nine! That's well into senior citizenhood!
    Hey wait--I'm about to turn sixty-two!!! Oh, Lordy, I'm there myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen - yes, it was kind of a shock to realize just how old John Lennon would have been. I do wonder what more he would have done with his life if it had not been cut short so cruelly, don't you?

    I also miss George Harrison quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy OSF! Very nice tribute post for John Lennon. Well done!

    My freshman year was 1973 ... and I thought that it would be nice to share a little Billy Preston with ya'!

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  6. Villager - Thanks - I was quite a big fan of the Beatles in my Freshman year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tribute to John Lennon!

    You said you couldn't find the list for OSF in your comments...they are always under the OSF Themes tab on my blog...fyi!

    Happy OSF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvalus - I'll check that next week! Tks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!