20090130

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAY - Beatles Helter Skelter Remakes

This weeks Old School Friday theme is Remakes. When researching for this post I was looking for Beatles remakes - let's face it, that's pretty fertile territory! But I was quite surprised to find the number of bands that had done Helter Skelter! Of all the Beatles songs, why this one??

Check this out below - add any you find to the mix in the comments!

THE BEATLES:



U2:



Oasis:



Motley Crue:



Aerosmith:



I'm waiting for the Alvin and the Chipmunks version. . . . .OMG, there IS one!



ROFLMAO - Happy OSF!
---------------------

JUST ADDED NEW POST CARD INVITATIONS
at EASY GREETING CARDS!

My Easy Greeting Cards are Print On Demand Cards You Print Yourself for only $2
-----------------------
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Mrs. Grapevine The rules are simple: 1. Anyone can participate, any music genre 2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999 3. No offensive music allowed, please use the edited radio version 4. Post a video of your favorite songs to take us back down memory lane 5. Add your name to the meme so that others can check you out 6. Have fun and don't forget to leave comments for other participants Click here to join in the fun!
--------------------
Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

14 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a lot of remakes. When my son was a boy he had a couple of Chipmunks albums. I like their remakes of "Heartbreaker" and "How Do I Make You".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a U2 fan through and through and I love their remake. I fell off from Oasis after Wonderwall and Noel's antics...lol

    And of course Aerosmith goes without saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so the Beatles are the most remixed group of all times. I can't believe this song has this many versions. My favorite is U2; I like Bono smoothness, and Areosmith; I like Steve's roughness.

    I'm laughing over here that the chipmunks has a version. I thought it was a choke until I saw the play icon on the actual video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot. I think the U2 version may be the favorite of my remakes, but I love the opening on the Motley Crue one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pjazzy - you changed your avatar! I like it! The second album I ever bought was Alvin and The Chipmunks - the first was the soundtrack to Breakfast at Tiffanys! I was a weird kid, lol.

    Connoisseur - weren't these amazing? Who knew Helter Skelter was so popular?

    MrsGrapevine - thought I was kidding about the Chipmunks doing Helter Skelter did ya??? LOL - honestly I thought I was kidding when I said I was waiting for their version - then I did a search on YouTube and there it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO at the Chipmunks. :-)

    They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. The Beatles have been flattered to the moon.

    I've been on a Beatles kick lately myself, one of the few artists I play that won't cause my son to leave the room.

    With all the people screaming for U2, it seems they may be the most Beatle-like in popular appeal.

    I liked all your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vérité - I know! Isn't it a crack up? The Chipmunks get retro funky, what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta go with the Beatles. They were trendsetters. But so was Alvin and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rev - I agree, Alvin and his posse were trendsetters - they were the first cartoon rock band and the first cartoons to make an album! Sure wish I still had that album - it's probably worth a fortune in nuts, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hands-down favorite was the Chipmunks. Loved their high pitched energy and incessant beat. Those little brown creatures with tails really know how to rock 'n' roll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eileen - seems everyone loves the Chipmunks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am tickled over the Chipmunks version!

    I can't decide on a favorite...I just like the song, period...

    Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed The Chipmunks' version. Until now I had no idea that Simon was left-handed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the U2 & Aerosmith. But I must say when ever I hear the song I think of and associate it with the Helter Skelter movie from years ago about the Manson murders.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!