20081219

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - The Christmas Grinch!

POP ART DIVA GOES GREEN FOR CHRISTMAS -MUHAHAHA!

As you can see from this Logo for my rant blog, The BRAT in the HAT, I am a big fan of Dr. Seuss. So what else would I post for my Christmas Song but You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch????? Hey I've even developed a Grinch-a-Tini for my martini site, The Martini Diva! AND the Mean Grinch Spinach Dip at The Diva of Tiny Foods!

And for all the little Who's out there in Whoville - Gosh, I'm really sorry but this song just cracks me up and makes me wanna dance! I'm just a bad banana with a greasy black peel, I have termites in my smile and I'm very fond of green, teehee!




--------------------


This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine

The rules are simple:

1. Anyone can participate; any music genre
2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999
3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version
4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane
5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out
6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participants

If you want to join in on the fun, click here.
--------------------------


Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the comment yesterday, I did check out your other site that you recommended. I really liked it too. You'll have to start posting more wonderful insights soon. And I do think a gratitude list is very important. I am constantly counting my blessings.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - you are most welcome for the comment and thanks for yours! This is a great way for bloggers to support each other!

    Yes, gratitude is a way of creating happiness in your life for what you have now!!! Most important to become happier, I think.

    I'm grateful you are one of my blog readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy OSF! Great choice with the Grinch song!!

    I invite your blog readers to check out Kurtis Blow as he engages in some Christmas Rapping. Some of y'all young folk don't know what I'm talkin' about...

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it, I saw your comments on another blog, and I was trying to figure out how can you go green for a Christmas song, but ha ha I see.

    Oh the memories, watching this every year for Christmas. Listening to the Grinch's deep voice...

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid Christmas wasn't really Christmas until I watched three shows: Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph and the Grinch. Every year we would watch them, it was a tradition. Thanks for the song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something devilish, but totally likable about the Grinch...I love it!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Villager - Wow, that Kurtis Blow Christmas Rap took me way back to old school!

    MrsGrapevine - My little joke on the current trend bandwagon for "going green", lol.

    John - I know what you mean! And for me it still isn't Christmas until I've watched them either.

    But there is one Christmas tradition I miss - when I was a kid they used to televise the stage production of Peter Pan starring Mary Martin almost every year for quite a while. It got to be sort of a Christmas tradition - I so wish I could see that again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! You're a mean one Mr. Grinch! I just saw this special tonight. As JohnH says it's a tradition. Happy Holidays to you Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Grinch song and I love the Grinch cartoon (I hate the movie with Jim Carrey)! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pjazzy - And A Very Merry to You, Pjazzy!

    Regina - I enjoyed the movie but really missed the original songs and music from the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I own a Grinch tshirt and have the film memorized. The holidays aren't my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it!

    Your effot at going green this holiday is about as close as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ChicGal - The holidays are hard for me too - I think there are a lot of us out there that suffer a bit this time of year - for me it's because my family is gone and Christmas is a family time.

    I hope that the Grinch gives you some holiday laughs!

    JustMe - TeeHee, usually the closest I get to green is envy, lol. But I am at least saving my Pepsi cans now and not using throwaway cups for my coffee anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!