20080820

Thursday Thirteen - 13 Phrases that have become part of Pop Culture


THIRTEEN PHRASES FROM TELEVISION THAT HAVE BECOME PART OF OUR POP CULTURE.

Can you tell me what television show they are from???

1. Lucy, You gotta lotta 'spailin; to do!

2. What's Up, Doc?

3. I taught I taw a puddy-tat! I did, I did taw a puddy-tat!

4. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!

5. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

6. Meep! Meep!

7. Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck, Woo, Woo, Woo, Woo.

8. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

9. Man, Woman, Birth, Death, Infinity.

10. Cement Pond.

11. Zee Plane! Zee Plane!

12. Say Goodnight, Gracie.

13. To the moon, Alice.

Have fun - oh, excuse me I have a call coming in from the Giant Head!

The image, TV's Greatest Hits is one of my Art Tributes to the Golden Age of Television and a thank you to the television gods for all the wonderful hours of entertainment I've had over the last 50 years!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

8 comments:

  1. Now I know why I loved Lucy! Nice TT!

    You can visit my TT here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list, brings back memories :)
    Happy TT and greets
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting choices ...

    1. I love lucy
    2. Bugs Bunny
    3. Tweety & Sylvester
    4. uh Superman
    5. Ren & Stimpy
    6. Roadrunner
    7. damn. no idea.
    8. brady bunch
    9. uhhhh
    10. grrrrrr
    11. fantasy island
    12. no idea either
    13. honeymooners

    i didnt fare too well there. too much cartoons and old stuff. i'd do much better with post 1980 stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stuff... you know I am always down for some trivia!

    1. I Love Lucy
    2. Bugs Bunny
    3. Sylvester and Tweety
    4. The Adv. Of Superman
    5. Ren and Stimpy
    6. Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote
    7. The Three Stooges
    8. The Brady Bunch
    9. Ben Casey
    10. The Beverly Hillbillies
    11. Fantasy Island
    12. The Burns and Allen Show
    13. The Honeymooners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know them all, but these are the ones I think I know. . . (although some of them I knew the characters, but can't remember the name of the show)

    1. I Love Lucy
    2. Bugs Bunny
    3. Tweety Bird
    4. Superman
    5. -don't know-
    6. -don't know-
    7. The Three Stooges
    8. The Brady Bunch
    9. -don't know-
    10. The Beverly Hillbillies
    11. Fantasy Island
    12. George Burns & Gracie Allen
    13. The Honeymooners

    Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. It's also amazing where some of these ended up.

    Wasn't one said by an astronaut in orbit or on the moon?

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were great. And Jan was right, Marcia really WAS annoying. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like everyone got the shows.

    Great idea for TT!

    Wishing you and yours health, balance and joy.

    In Light and Love

    Danielle

    Modern Musings' 13 Favorite Love Songs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...