20071101

CHRISTMAS? Hey, it was just HALLOWEEN?

Do you remember when Christmas was only advertised after Halloween? Do you remember when the day after Thanksgiving was the biggest shopping day of the year? Do you remember when there was some symmetry to the holidays and the advertising blitzes that came with them?

I went into Walmart yesterday to pick up some last minute stuff for my Halloween celebration and most of the Halloween products were gone - replaced by Christmas stuff! That's to be expected now days, but the Christmas crap was there way before Halloween and to add salt to my gaping monster wound - the Halloween stuff wasn't on sale yet!

Bah humbug to the retailers who have lost their sense of holiday timing! Boo to the panic and greed that attempts to play on our holiday emotions! The biggest shopping day of the year is no longer the day after Thanksgiving - it starts in September and goes through January, at least according to the minds of those who want our money.

I want my holiday seasons back! I want things to be the way they were when I was a kid and Halloween was Halloween and Thanksgiving was Thanksgiving and neither was a gateway to sneaking into our wallets for Christmas money in advance!

DEAR CORPORATE AMERICA! GIVE ME BACK MY HOLIDAYS IN PROPER ORDER AND GET OUT OF MY BANK BALANCE OR I'LL SIC SANTA'S ELVES, THE THANKSGIVING TURKEY AND THE GHOSTS OF HALLOWEENS PAST ON YOU!