20080509

THE MARX BROTHERS - BRING THEM BACK TO TV!

I was blog posting back and forth with my friend and fellow pop culture fan, Malcolm, about reruns on television and it got me to thinking (yeah, yeah, I know, thinking is a dangerous activity for me), where have all the great and classic reruns gone?

Once upon a time TVLand and Nick at Nite aired the really classic old tv shows - you know, the ones that were filmed in black and white. TCM and others aired the great old films. Now it seems "old" reruns are what was an original airing in the last year or even the last week.

I miss being able to see "The Egg and I", "An Affair to Remember", "Philadelphia Story" and old tv episodes of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis", "Make Room for Daddy", and others. I really miss the old Marx brothers movies and the Three Stooges, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Many of these great old films and shows were the inspiration for today's hottest actors and comics. Listen to today's greats talk about yesterdays icons as Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Kevin Spacey and Michael Keaton talk about Chico, Harpo, Groucho and Zeppo Marx.




Maybe one of those teenage network suits will see this post and finally bring back some of the classics - I'm sick to death of reruns of reality shows and "Walker, Texas Ranger".