20080323

HAPPY EASTER!


















On Easter day, when I was young
I truly relished the Sunday fun
of hunting down those chocolate bunnies
and gobbling the head while I read the funnies.

Fruits were frozen in cherry jello,
Eggs were rainbow and peeps were yellow.
Marshmallow rabbits were colored in blue
Mary Janes and pink dresses were new.

Ham was cooking while we got dressed,
all spic and span in our Easter best.
Then off to church my family went
to celebrate this special event.

But though I loved the jelly beans
I never forgot what this holiday means.
For we were given a golden pass
because of a man who lived in the past.

May you have a Happy Easter of Grace, Rebirth and Joy.

Poem Copyright 2008 by PopArtDiva.com. All rights reserved. No permission is given to copy, distribute or reproduce without written permission from PopArtDiva.com.