THE PROCESS OF MAKING MY ONE-OF-A-KIND PAPER ART JEWELRY
Each piece of my Hand Painted Paper Jewelry is a one-of-a-kind work of wearable art jewelry that is lovingly hand crafted. From start to finish there are multiple steps needed to create each piece:
- First I sketch the designs.
- Next the paper pendants are drawn and cut out by hand based on the design sketch.
- Holes are drilled for attaching the beaded necklace strands and any dangle elements.
- Each paper pendant is then hand sanded with fine sandpaper to prepare for painting.
- The original watercolor painting is then created on each pendant of the necklace or earrings.
- The paintings are then sealed four times with a special, clear acrylic glaze and left to dry for 48 hours.
- At this stage I will create the original watercolor painting for any paper beads to be included in the piece. (See below for that process)
- Once dry, I then start the process of hand picking out the complementary glass beads to accent the pendant(s)
- When the pendants are finished, the paper beads are made and the accent beads are chosen I then begin the hand beading.
- Once the beading is finished, the necklace clasp or earring posts are attached and the piece is ready to ship.
MY PAPER BEAD MAKING PROCESS
My hand rolled, paper beads are made from original watercolor paintings created on archival watercolor papers done to match the necklace or earring pendant(s). Each paper bead is then sealed in the same glaze used for the watercolor painted pendant.
SHIPPING & PACKING
SHIPPING IS FREE within the United States! Sent by U.S.P.S. Priority Mail with an individual tracking number.
Each purchase comes beautifully packaged in a custom, hand built box. The jewelry is draped on a custom cut jewelry card (where you can request a short personal, handwritten message to be added if it's a gift), then it is wrapped in tissue paper, sealed with a special thank you sticker and a business card is tucked in. For all shipping I then wrap that in bubble wrap inside the gift box for extra protection. The packed gift box is then wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap and tucked inside it's Priority Mail box ready to be shipped.
And I have to do all this while contending with a frisky, bead and paper loving, cream male tabby cat named Bailey!
PAPER JEWELRY MAKING PROCESSES VIDEO: