Featuring the Contemporary, Sixties Inspired Art of Pop Art Diva with an occasional Pogo Hop into retro pop culture and a few Segway trips into subjects that grab my fancy!

20130726

SHADES OF THE SIXTIES - Retro Art meets the 21st Century


SHADES OF THE SIXTIES
Give Peace A Chance

This is actually a redo of an acrylic painting I did about 20+ years ago:

Shady Characters
 I've often said I believe in re-purposing and that applies to my art as well.  Sometimes I just want to revisit a piece and put a new spin on it that reflects changes in myself and my views. Or, as in this case, I look at a piece and see a new way to have fun with it!

Someone asked me once if the original painting, Shady Characters, was a portrait of John Lennon.  It wasn't, but once asked I could see the resemblance in the bottom face a bit, especially with those round glasses:


I came across the image again recently and remembered that comment and in my head I heard John Lennon's "Give Peace A Chance" and that was enough to set me off on a little trip to "Strawberry Fields".  I scanned the photo image in my portfolio and took it on a "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Imagined" a new pop art version and titled it "Shades of The Sixties" The Walrus and Sgt. Pepper would be proud.
You'll notice I used the pop art design from my Guitars below. I thought it fit into my theme nicely and I love those shooting stars, it's a little "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

This is a nice melding of two of my creative eras and a nice blending of "real" art with digital, something I really enjoy doing.  I plan on doing a few more re-purposed pieces!






OTHER DESIGNS IN THE
POP ART OBJECTS SERIES
All are available on
a wide range of art and gifts:
 


Follow me on Twitter

Friend me on Facebook


 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog...
    Thanks for sharing please keep sharing more :-)
    Fifty Shades

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...