20100204

POP ART - POP ARTISTS

These are some of my favorite pop art works from the "Mac Daddies" of the pop art movement - Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol, Claus Oldenburg & Robert Rauschenberg.

The definition of Pop Art: A form of art that depicts objects or scenes from everyday life and employs techniques of commercial art and popular illustration.

Now you all know why I pop art things like cupcakes, money, & celebrities. The things of everyday life, the pop culture icons, the mundane things we see and use - it's all the stuff of pop art.





-------------------

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

One Click Shopping at The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery:

6 comments:

  1. I've hear of Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol, but not the other two. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one best that looks like a badminton birdie. I have no idea why, but it just tickles my funny bone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda - yes, Andy & Roy are the major players because their images became pop culture icons, but Clas is my favorite - his art always had a whimsical side to it that appeals to me.

    Joyce - Yeah, I waffle between that, the ice cream cone and the spoon with the cherry - I love his humorous approach so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting I liked Robert Rauschenberg's the most but please tell me :
    Don't you think that there is a revolutionary movement in pop art these days ??

    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. pop art - there is ALWAYS a revolutionary movement in all art! Artists are, by nature, revolutionaries and forward thinkers.

    As for the Pop Art movement it has gotten a good boost from the advances of digital graphics in my opinion, digital art has given the Pop Art Movement a resurgence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're good artist.
    who is your favorite artist?

    i like the badminton thingy.. so cute..

    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...