20091021

THIRTEEN STUPID CLICHES - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Thirteen Cliches That REALLY Irritate Me
Sorry, but it's been a really hard week and I'm madder than a hatter, grumpier than an injured mama bear and angrier than a hornet's nest.

(Please indulge me a bit this week in this rant. Yesterday I lost another very dear friend to the evil of cancer and I'm feeling a bit like life is cruel and unfair. My friend battled this disease so bravely for the last several years, always keeping her spirits up and even making plans to help others in the same situation.

Kathy was an extremely talented artisan, a great person to have as a friend and I am feeling the loss of her
presence greatly today.)
  1. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. B*ll Sh*t! Imitation is simply another person stealing from you because they are too boring or lazy to think for themselves.
  2. A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned. A penny isn't even worth a penny in this world anymore and usually a penny earned is spent on rent or food before it will ever see a savings account.
  3. When God closes a door he opens a window. Great - does he want me to jump out that window after he slammed the door in my face?
  4. Money doesn't buy happiness. Believe me, not having money will not buy you happiness a lot faster!
  5. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe - but if I die before I find out the reason what difference does it make? And just because there's a reason doesn't mean I have to like it any better!
  6. No one buys the cow if they get the milk for free. Holy Crap, no one buys the cow these days anyway - with the divorce rate it's more like a short term lease. Oh, and I am not fond of being compared to a cow.
  7. This hurts me more than it hurts you. You know, if you're hurting me I don't really care how you feel but if it does then GOOD!
  8. God never gives you more than you can handle. Then why are there so many people babbling in rubber rooms?
  9. Better late than never. Next time the ambulance gets to your house late while you're having a stroke or a heart attack I'll be happy to repeat that to you - unless you died before they get there.
  10. Good things come to those who wait. Honestly, I don't have the patience for this.
  11. Two heads are better than one. What? On a circus geek? And I'll bet they disagree with each other.
  12. This too shall pass. Really? And what good does that do me NOW?
  13. You'll Survive. Guess what, in the end none of us survive!
Whew. I feel so much better now.

Happy Thursday Thirteen


-------------------
Check out The POP ART DIVAS - Original Miniature Paintings by PopArtDiva
Prices for originals starting at $20!

Check out MY LATEST ART PROJECTS at my ART BLOG


-------------------

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

One Click Shopping at The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery:

12 comments:

  1. Number eight has always sounded like hogwash to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - hogwash, good word! Hogwash is what most of these are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as #3 I often wondered what kind of person thinks God wants us climbing through windows. If the door is closed it is closed for a reason.

    My Thursday 13 is up. It is <"13 Reasons Why I Decide To Have Bariactric Surgery">. Stop by if you get a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about number one, and if anyone ever says this too shall pass to me when I am going through something, I want to send them through something (like a window!!)

    I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dane & Tracie - Yeah, #3 is one of my biggest pet cliche peeves!

    Tracie - thanks for you kind thoughts on the loss of my friend.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, two heads would make a cool circus geek. Grin. Good post-sometimes I bet we're so used to using an expression we don't even think about what we're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand weeks like this.

    I am so sorry for your loss of Kathy. May you be surrounded by love and comfort in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda - I know a lot of people who actually have two heads, neither of which works very well, lol....

    Melissa - yeah, it was a week where it was very difficult to stay on the positive side of my thoughts. Thanks for you kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of these made me laugh - but under the circumstances I will say that I'm very sad for your loss and agree that in the midst of grief, a cliche is the last thing you want to hear. The last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia - you hit the nail on the head. You got it, you got why I was so angry.

    When someone is in pain it is imperative that you stop, take a step back and really think about what you say to them. Parroting some useless cliche does NOT make them feel better!

    Thank you, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your friend and for you having a bad time...

    Here is my first Thursday Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chub - thank you and I'm going over to read your first TT and welcome you to the fray!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!