20090604

Goodbye, Grasshopper - David Carradine Dies at 72

David Carradine was found dead in a hotel in Bangkok yesterday. Many people will remember him from the Kill Bill movies, but I will always remember him as Kwai Chang Caine from Kung Fu.

Mr. Carradine was an actor, a writer and a musician but I was unaware he was also an artist and when I stopped by the official David Carradine Website I took a look at some of his drawings and paintings. They remind me a lot of John Lennon's work in "A Spaniard in the Works".

This was an actor of wide range and a long career - take a look at his filmography, you'll be amazed at how much work and how many films he was in during his long career.

In memory of Mr. Carradine here is the original "grasshopper" scene from the 1970s TV series Kung Fu:


Goodnight and Goodbye, David. You will be missed.

-----------------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!