20090624

From Chocolate back to Chocolate in just 13 Steps?

From The POP ART DIVA Baby Boomer Blog

Hostess cupcakes have been a part of my life now for over 50 years. When I was in grade school I would get one every once in a while as a special treat. Back in those days you'd get a two-pack and the frosting was harder because of the less airtight packaging. I liked the harder frosting better.

I also liked the cream better - it had all those ingredients that are bad for you but taste so good - remember? But all in all, even with the "health" upgrade, it's still nice to have a Hostess Cupcake to look forward to after a hard day of creating!

13 Word Associations Inspired by a Hostess Cupcake - or How to Get from Chocolate to Chocolate in just 13 steps:
  1. Chocolate
  2. Creamy
  3. Gobble
  4. Full
  5. Endorphins
  6. Happy
  7. Energetic
  8. Creative
  9. Painting
  10. Accomplished
  11. Tired
  12. Hungry
  13. Chocolate
Burp.

One Click Shopping at The PopArtDiva Gift Gallery:

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Diva, that's precious.

    I've got to confess, though, that I haven't had a Hostess Cupcake in so long, I've yet to meet the new packaging. I can't imagine soft icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! I'm hungry now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - thanks and it actually happened that way!

    Andi - I was inspired by all those good chocolate endorphins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL! Cute. Chocolate is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I can't remember the last time I had a Hostess Cupcake, either, but I just had a couple of dark Hershey's Kisses so I'm good. ;)

    http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked the peanut butter ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I am at just after 2 in the morning trying desperately to stay out of the kitchen. Look what I find the first T13 I visit? LOL
    For the record, I was always a Twinkie gal *wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I was inspired by being uninspired, and you found zen in a Hostess Cupcake.

    HOWEVER before you feel bad, I'd like to point out that you've made me ache to take the kids and buy them (their first!) Hostess cupcakes (I said it'd been a LONG time).

    I am confident, however, I will remain blissfully uninspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definite burp :)

    Happy TT!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/thursday-thunks-and-13-items-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. you surely woke up my senses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. Now I want a Hostess cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't had a Hostess Cupcake in about 20 years. I am not even sure I remember what they taste like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome list.

    just dropping by from the T13 site. :) love your blog. happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah ... your list brings back mem'ries of when I used to eat Hostess products ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by. I'm not too up on posting things. What did u mean about using the 340 on YouTube?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!