Pop Culture Icons born today include:
- Reggie Jackson (1946) Baseball right fielder who played for five different teams from 1967 to 1987. He won three consecutive World Series titles as a member of the Oakland A's in the early 1970s and also won two consecutive titles with the New York Yankees. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1993.
- Brooks Robinson (1937) Baseball Player who played his entire 23-year career with the Baltimore Orioles.(1955–77). Robinson was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1983.
- Dwayne Hickman (1934) Dobie Gillis of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.
- Robert Morse (1931) ++++ Barnaby in The Matchmaker (Play), Barnaby in The Matchmaker How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.
- Pernell Roberts (1930) Best known for playing Adam Cartwright in the television series Bonanza.
- Perry Como (1912 - 2001) "Mr. C" was an American crooner probably most known for his hit "Catch A Falling Star". He received the Kennedy Center Honors in 1987, was inducted into the Hit Parade Hall of Fame in 2007 and was inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Frank Capra (1897- 1991) American film director best known for directing "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"
I'd also like to say Happy Birthday to Dwayne Hickman and show you the opening of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" with a Pillsbury commercial:
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!
Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!