20090316

BARBIE TURNED 50 - She's a Boomer Now!

Last week, March 10th to be exact, our favorite doll - Barbie - turned 50! As a belated birthday greeting to her here's a couple of her best retro commercial from the sixties. Just to let you know how big a Barbie fan I was - I had the original Barbie from the fifties, a Ken, a Toni, a Midge, the cool peach and turquoise Barbie car and more clothes for all of them than I've ever had in my closet at once, lol.





Sure wish I looked that good when I was 50 - heck, wish I'd looked that good at 30!

---------------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear Diva, you have made my day! The ads may look silly to outsiders, but they're balm for my fifty-five year old spirit, sexism and all. I had the unbending, pale-skinned, brunette Barbie with the ponytail. She was my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn - wasn't it amazing how truly sexist the advertising was when we were growing up? It's a miracle we threw away our bras in the 60s - thank goodness most of us were not as endowed as Barbie or the bras would have had to stay, lol!

    Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad my post gave soothed your spirit!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...