20090212

THURSDAY THIRTEEN - 13 Vintage Valentine Art Images

Since Saturday is Valentine's Day I have decided to post 13 Vintage Romantic Images - all courtesy of Antique Clip Art. Yes, I am an artist too but my Valentine's images are more contemporary in nature as you will see by my three contemporary romantic/love style images below.

So I thought you might enjoy some really retro Valentine's Day images - we're talking Victorian Era Art here which is way older than even me!


From PopArtDiva.com

From PopArtDiva.com

From PopArtDiva.com

Vintage Valentine Art Courtesy of Antique Clip Art

Happy Valentine's Day!
---------------------
Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

18 comments:

  1. I am so glad I wasn't Victorian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Lennon said it best: "Love is all you need." :-) Lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like vintage images, but I love the candy hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like your modern twist more. Very nice.
    Happy Valentine Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - he did indeed! Thanks!

    Alice - Thanks, glad you liked my Pop Art image best! Always good to be "loved", lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adelle - thanks, it's certainly more "me" - but I thought the vintage art would be a fun change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely artwork. Thanks for sharing and Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for today post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Retro yes, but somehow they don't get old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this clipart... I love anything vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrappingal - Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the art.

    Debbie- I've been all about Valentine's Day in all my blogs so might as well keep to the theme here - but had to be retro!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicholas - no, especially the Cupids. For some reason fat little flying angels always look better a little Rubenesque!

    Karen - me too - though usually I don't go quite as far back as the Victorian era, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great vintage stuffs!
    Happy TT!
    Up with TT#26- A Lil Too Straight?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I prefer your images. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great collections indeed.Thank you Pop Art Diva besides wish you n all a great joyful Valentine's Day ahead.

    lol:)
    Valentine gifts to Chennai |Valentine gifts to Bangalore|Valentines day gift India

    ReplyDelete
  17. janetfaye - and right back at ya, you have a good V-Day too!

    thornesworld - thanks, hopping over to check out your blog today

    Rikki - thank you. I'm more of a modern type girl myself, but the vintage ones were a nice change.

    Avagrdro - thanks for stopping by and leaving your links. . . but I do all my shopping at my own store, The PopArtDiva™ BOUTIQUE!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!