20080822

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - Favorite Male Singer?

My favorite male singer? Wow, that's a toughie to narrow down so here's how I approached it, what male singer would I most prefer to be stranded on a desert island with the rest of my life?

He'd have to have a great voice (naturally), he'd have to be pretty decent looking ('cause even though I'm not looking I still like to look and I like my eye candy!), and he'd have to have a small enough ego to fit it into a small electric powered car (or I'd end up killing him and then I'd be alone for the rest of my life!)

Oh and I had to narrow my choices down to who's still alive - I really don't want to spend the rest of my life on a deserted island with a dead body! My final choice also included the fact that this guy would be missed if he ever disappeared and someone would come looking for him and I would be found at the same time!

I swear to God, this took me over an hour to decide - so (drum roll please!) here is my choice, Sir Paul McCartney:



Here's an art tribute I did to Sir Paul recently:


This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. The rules are simple:

1. Anyone can participate; any music genre
2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999
3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version
4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane
5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out
6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participantsIf you want to join in on the fun, click here.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

9 comments:

  1. I have ALWAYS liked Paul McCartney...something about him...

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real nice choice!!!!

    I love Lennon more though.

    I didn't know you do TT! Will try to catch you next week.

    Have a Blessed Weekend.

    Light and Love all the day Long.

    Danielle
    Modern Musings’ OSF 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul McCartney was always the cutest Beatle is my opinion. Very good choice for OSF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I like Sir Paul, I didn't see this one coming. I was trying to think who could it be, who's still alive, and nope Sir Paul never crossed my mind.


    I like how you tie OSF into your blog, and the artwork is great.

    You chose a great song by him, which is not hard, he has so many hits...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to add a little comment to the post:

    The very, very first painting of any kind that I ever did was a portrait of Paul McCartney when I was 13.

    I'd gotten my first set of oil paints, a little easel and some brushes as a present from my dad and I immediately sat down and painted Paul McCartney.

    And the art goes full circle - nearly 50 years later and I do another portrait of "the cute Beatle"!

    Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pop,

    Excellent! Love Paul McCartney.

    I never did a meme. You did a great job with this one.

    I am terrible at quizzes and remembering details, so this was nice just to go along with you!

    Hugs,

    Sally

    www.stopsmokingwithdrsally.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite male singer from back in the day had to be Nat King Cole. He was the crooner of all crooners---and even today his music still moves me.

    Of the Beatles, Paul was, by far, my favorite. As a matter of fact, It's Beatles week on my Baby Boomer Jams website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nat King Cole is a classic - his music and his voice will never go out of style - but he was missing one of my criteria - he's not alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i'm stuck on a desert island with this guy there is no way im picking paul. it's got to be somebody who can help out (sorry clay aiken), who's not crazy (that means you ted nugent), not overly chatty (zip it david lee roth and isnt a complete bore (yes im talking to you gene simmons). that only leaves anthony keidis of the red hot chili peppers.

    i don't really have to answer the geena davis question, do i ?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...