20080510

Spin and Marty - Boy, did I have a crush on Tim Considine

One of my fellow Boomer Divas mentioned "Spin and Marty" on my last post so I promised her a special treat today.

Below is a video packed with nostalgia from the wonderful world of Disney including The Triple-R Ranch (of the Spin and Marty episodes on the original Mickey Mouse Club) and a few other goodies that should get you running to your attic for your old Mickey Mouse ears!

Eileen, click here for an extra special treat from the boys of the Triple-R!

Maybe you preferred a coon skin cap in those days and this clip includes a little treat for you too!

The treat for me was Jiminy Cricket singing "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. I love that song and have from the first time I heard it over 50 years ago.

I've been a Disney fan since before there was a Disneyland! Growing up in Kansas I used to dream about going to Disneyland and seeing Tinkerbell. I finally got to go when I was 13 after my family moved to California.

As an adult I named my first cockatiel Tinkerbell and then bought her a mate and named him Peter Pan! I did up the photo above of me as a "Mature-kateer", my tribute to my love of all things Disney. And, yes, those are my own original Mouse Ears!



Ok, all you boomers, sing it with me now:

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, Mickey Mouse! (Donald Duck!) Mickey Mouse! (Donald Duck!) Forever let us hold our banners high, high, high, high!

6 comments:

  1. I remember The Mickey Mouse Club fondly. If you recall the young Brothers Gibb were on the show. As we know they went on to become the Bee Gees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWEE!!

    Thanks so much for that remarkable trip down memory lane! Tears of joy were streaming down my face as I sang along to those old and, oh-so-familiar, tunes. I wanted to be a mousekateer with all my seven-year-old heart and used to try my hand at tap dancing in front of the TV. Alas, to no avail. Although I did grow up in California and we did get to go to Disneyland a few times, not one talent scout ever approached me-even if I was wearing my ears.

    Thanks Terri, you gave one wizened and wrinkled old mousekateer wanna be VERY HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pjazzypar - The Gibb brothers were after my Mickey Mouse era, I grew up with the original cast of Annette, et al, though it doesn't surprise me they showed up on the later version! I'll have to google disney+gibb and see what pops up! Thanks for the tip!

    feisty - my diva sister, I'm glad you liked it! I'm so sorry you weren't "discovered" at Disneyland but I hope you saved your ears anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool pop culture find! Jiminy Cricket's version of "When You Wish Upon A Star" is near the top of my list of most beautiful songs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too, along with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"!

    I have hunted for the full version sung by Jiminy online for years and never found it. I fear I will have to buy the whole soundtrack from "Pinnochio", lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to mention that I was watching a movie I have on DVD called "Quicksand" starring Mickey Rooney. There was a guy who had a supp. role that looked familiar... it was Jimmie Dodd!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!