20180925

OMG! ORIGINAL MEEMOGIES™ ART MEME FRAMED WATERCOLOR PAINTING by Pop Art Diva




OMG!
ORIGINAL MEEMOGIE™ WATERCOLOR PAINTING
too much, too fast,
the world flies by and googles up my eyes.
OMG! is my brain still there
or is my skull just a garden for hair?
$75.00

Plus $15.00 (Shipping within U.S.)





Full View
  • Original Painting Size is 5" x 5"
  • Original Watercolor Painting of a Fun, Colorful Art Meme Character
  • Painted on 130# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
  • Color palette is warm yellow, orange, red and magenta against a background of light blues, lavenders and turquoise
  • Framed in a 9" x 9" light wood frame that can be hung or set on a surface
  • Frame can also be stained or painted as desired

Back view of frame. Note inset hanging area AND removable peg for tabletop display.

ABOUT THE PAINTING
So, there I was, awake in the middle of the night, face glued to my smartphone, my tired eyes literally vibrating and it occurred to me that maybe I was being blinded (or eaten!) by my digital devices. Maybe not such a strange thought when you consider how much of our time we all now spend glued to some kind of flickering screen as images speed by our eyeballs.

In the firm grip of my insomnia I was inspired and out pops this little guy (girl, robot, skeleton, whatever) some time later.  I love him. And I named him OMG! because of his expression. He has now spawned an upcoming series of fun, contemporary painting commentaries on the internet, social media and our love and addition to our electronic gadgets. I am calling them Meemogies™ (as in meme-emoji).

No live stream videos on this one, it was the middle of the night and I really just wanted to paint out the thought before the mood left me BUT I did do this fun Video Commentary: