Born this date in 1926 Marilyn would have been 89 today.
NORMAL JEAN LEAVES THE SCENE IN A LILAC CADILLAC
Copyright 2007 by PopArtDiva.com. All Rights Reserved.
Get this image on fun tees, apparel and home decor gifts
To celebrate her birthday today I am posting the three works of art I've done in her honor as well as some Marilyn Monroe quotes, videos and other Marilyn fun.
Above is a fun little graphic illustration entitled "NORMAL JEAN LEAVES THE SCENE IN A LILAC CADILLAC" showing Marilyn leaving Hollywood in her prime - it was a little fantasy that still makes me wonder if she would be alive today if she had done just that.
I also did a piece entitled "HEAVEN TRUMPS OSCAR" a comment on that fact that Marilyn never won an Oscar. I like to believe she would have had she lived beyond the age of 37.
Some of my favorite Marilyn Monroe Quotes:
- Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him
- I've been on a calendar but I've never been on time
- A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.
- Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
- I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.
- No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.
- If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.
- It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.
- It's all make believe, isn't it?
Because I am the POP ART Diva I had to do a Pop Art Tribute to Marilyn in homage to the warhol style too:
Marilyn singing "I Wanna Be Loved By You":
The Famous Happy Birthday Mr. President:
(By the way, take a very close look at the bumper sticker on the Lilac Cadillac in the top illustration I did - you can see the closeup by clicking this image then clicking on the same image on my website for a close-up view)
And my very favorite scene from any Marilyn Monroe movie, from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" Marilyn performing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend":
I wonder often what Marilyn would have done with her life and career had she lived beyond her thirties. It's hard for me to realize she would have been close to ninety today. She was, is and always will remain a legend in my mind.
All images on this post are copyrighted by Pop Art Diva. All rights reserved. No permission is given to copy, distribute or reproduce without written permission from PopArtDiva.com.
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!
Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!