20090323

RETRO MOVIE CANDY - The Classics are Still Alive and Kicking!

I went to the movies the other day and was thinking how strange it is that some of my favorite movie treats are still there in that display box. Milk Duds, Dots, Good and Plenty - classic movie treats when I was a kid and still there today.

Yes, there are boxes of Nerds and an occasional fad candy like Pop Rocks shows up, but the good old standbys still have their place in the sun - or rather the glow of the popcorn machine! Isn't it nice to still see those comfort food candies awaiting us when we go to the movies?

I loved Good and Plenty candy. When I went to the movies I wanted popcorn, Dots and Good and Plenty! Junior Mints were always good too.


And speaking of Dots, this is a fun way to play with your food. But then my mother always used to yell at me for playing with my food!:


And, of course, there's another of my favorite candies as a kid, Tootsie Roll Pops. Remember this, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?" I made it past 3 but never to the end before I crunched down. How about you?:



-----------------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!