20090330

COCA COLA - Nostalgia Pop - Coke Commercials

It's day here on Retro Commercials Monday. So sit back with a bottle of your favorite Coke product and enjoy some nostalgia in the form of commercials from the past:





Here's some of the slogans for Coke/Coca-Cola from the past:
  • 1940 - The package that gets a welcome at home

  • 1941 - A stop that belongs on your daily timetable

  • 1942 - The only thing like Coca-Cola is Coca-Cola itself

  • 1943 - A taste all its own

  • 1944 - High sign of friendship

  • 1945 - Coke means Coca-Cola

  • 1947 - Relax with the pause that refreshes

  • 1948 - Where there's Coca-Cola there's Hospitality

  • 1949 -Along the highway to anywhere

  • 1950 - Help yourself to refreshment

  • 1951 - Good food and Coca-Cola just naturally go together

  • 1952 - Coke follows thirst everywhere

  • 1953 - Dependable as sunrise

  • 1954 - For people on the go

  • 1955 - Americas preferred taste

  • 1956 - Feel the difference, Makes good things taste better

  • 1957 - Sign of good taste

  • 1958 - Refreshment the whole world prefers

  • 1959 - Make it a real meal

  • 1960 - Relax with a Coke, Revive with a Coke

  • 1961 - Coke and food

  • 1962 - Enjoy that refreshing new feeling

  • 1963 - Things go better with Coke

  • 1964 - You'll go better refreshed

  • 1965 - Something more than a soft drink

  • 1966 - Coke...after Coke...after Coke

  • 1971 - I'd like to buy the world a Coke

  • 1972 - Coke . . . goes with the good times

  • 1975 - Look up America, see what we've got

  • 1976 - Coke adds life


------------
LOOKING FOR THE SATURDAY SOAPBOX? Check the latest Saturday Posting!

Unless otherwise noted, all images and art on this site are © PopArtDiva.com 2002 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

4 comments:

  1. I never knew Washington's BD was such a major holiday "back when." Wow, what an evolution in advertising we've had in my lifetime! My favorite coke slogans were, "Things go better with Coke." Like the simplicity. My all time fave, "I'd like to teach the world to sing." I'm going out to buy my sister a six-pack of Coke for her visit. I feel like it'll be a richer experience for this trip down Memory Lane! Thanks, Pop Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce - I know! That was the first thought that went through my brain when I saw that commercial too, lol. Remember in those days we had two separate holidays for the President's instead of one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the memories. My favorite slogan is the one from 1971. Watching that spot takes me back to my grade school days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malcolm - I will probably always like the "hilltop" ad - the one where they sing "I'd like to buy the world a coke. . ."

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!