20081031

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - FRIGHT Song for Our Candidates

Okay, this weeks Old School Friday theme is "Fight Song For My Candidate". Since it's Halloween, I have decided to mess with that theme - just a bit, muhahahaha!

Frankly, I hate election years and I think most politicians are evil incarnate or at the very least, jackasses. By Super Tuesday I want to run for President myself just to highlight all the stupidity. By election day I'm so sick of all the lies, the back stabbing and the posturing I want to scream. Besides, all the debates mess with my favorite television shows!

So, with apologies to MsMarvelous and the other OSFers who have followed the rules - not something I am noted for - please accept my tongue-in-cheek post in the spirit it was intended - as poking a little Halloween fun at our political system, make your guesses which video refers to which candidate for President and Vice President, lol:

"Pledge allegiance" to the Black Widow - Alice Cooper:


Welcome to My Nightmare - Alice Cooper:


The Witch Doctor - Alvin and the Chipmonks:


The Nightmare Before Christmas - Halloween Song:


And For All You Retro Fans: Here's a little fun Halloween post with the entire broadcast of Orson Well's infamous War of the Worlds Broadcast on Halloween Night, 1938.

Don't miss my RETRO HALLOWEEN PAJAMA PARTY RADIO SHOW tonight!

Join the fun at 4 pm (pacific), 6 pm (central) or 7 pm (eastern)!
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. If you want to join in on the fun, click here.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

14 comments:

  1. LOL!! Well the loser next week may well be singing "Welcome To My Nightmare"! Then again the mess that the new pres will inherit may have the winner singing the same thing!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REGINA - How true! I have wondered why any of these guys want the job!!! Which points up my "jackass" comment, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about fun...I enjoyed the "Fright Show!"

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MsMarvelous - thanks, it was just a little tongue in cheeky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Too funny and I love it!

    What is Halloween without Alice Cooper? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween without Alice Cooper is like Easter without chocolate bunny ears! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking more along the lines of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and "Highway to Hell" But the tops has to be "Welcome to my Nightmare!" because whoever wins the election is going to have one major nightmare on his hands for the next four years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beverly - and depending on who wins the voters may have a nightmare on their hands for those same four years. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think most everyone is very weary of the political battle. I'm particularly weary of the media, and how slanted it is. What happened to reporting the news without political favor?

    I watched 20/20 last night. They were telling about the new voting machines and how they will switch a vote, how inaccurate they are, and how we probably won't know who really wins. I early voted and it was by paper ballot. This was my first experience with that. That might be better, if the scanner works, that is.

    Our future depends on us! WE have to demand change, and it has to be on our terms, not on the terms of a political party. Neither party has served us very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam - for the last few years the term "carpetbaggers" has begun to surface in my thoughts more and more . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! Enjoyed your political humor! Unfortunately, no matter which candidate wins, I'm afraid we are in for a nightmarish ride down Bev's "Highway to Hell". I'm with Pam - when it's almost impossible to decide because instead of voting for the best person for the job you're voting for the lesser of two evils - it's time for a change! I just wonder what it will take before the American public have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melodieann- I think the American public has already had enough - though maybe some of them haven't realized that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hip-hop version of "The Witch Doctor" was quite catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, Alvin Simon and Theodore really rock the Witch Doctor, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!