- New School Clothes for the start of each school year - always included 7 new pair of undies which I could have cared less about.
- A Brand New Box of Crayolas, also for the start of school. Oh I loved my crayons - the big box of 64 especially.
- A Brand New Set of Prang Watercolors, again at the start of the school year. The beginning of my life long obsession with art.
- School Paste (Yes, I ate paste once on a dare - it tasted good! No, I did not get sick but I never did it again!)
- Holiday Craft Projects - I was a whiz at crappy clay ashtrays and macaroni scultpure!
- A Few Teachers - but not my kindergarten teacher!
- Being on the Crossing Guard Patrol - absolute power corrupts absolutely.
- Thanksgiving Vacation - Food
- Christmas Vacation - Food and presents!
- Easter Vacation (What they call Spring Break now) - More food and chocolate bunny ears!
- The Three O'Clock Bell!
- Summer Vacation!
Valentine's Day (the stress over possibly not getting any Valentine's at all was fierce!), the boredom, gym class, the Principal's Office, Dodge Ball (what evil villain ever thought that was character building?), clicques, bullies, having to eat my lunch alone in an empty school room when every other kid went home for their P,B & Js.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!