20080922

RETRO COMMERCIALS MONDAY & Congrats to TOMMY SMOTHERS!

Yes, it's Retro Commercials Monday again but I just had to say how happy I was to see Tommy Smothers get an Emmy for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour 40 years after the fact! Congratulations and it's about time! This was a big win for all Smo Bro (Smothers Brothers) fans!

Okay, and now a word from our sponsors! This video is fun because it has clips from multiple commercials that have some great legends of television - all selling something. Keep an eye out for William Bendix, Rod Serling, Roy Rogers, Morley Safer, Jackie Gleason, Art Carney, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and others:



Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

2 comments:

  1. I have this montage saved in my You Tube favorites. My fave part is the Joey Bishop/Joe Besser promo. I love it when Joe Besser says, "Not so fast!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I loved the "top candy coated cereal" in the Roy Rogers part - back in the day that was a good thing, lol.

    I had the hardest time remember Chuck McCann's name - drove me nuts until it popped into my head this morning! Check out the link for some really fun stuff on McCann!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...