20080905

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - DISCO (sucks?)

The only disco song that I loved and still love to this day?



No, I was never a big fan of disco, not even a big fan of the seventies except for lava lamps and a few righteous pairs of platform shoes. Overall in the seventies the fashions were horrible (think leisure suits and skads of gold chain covered hairy chests!) and I looked like Bozo the clown for years because of the afro fad. So, I have decided to go funny and post a few of the more humorous disco videos:







HaHaHaHa! Won't you take me to Funky Town??

The only real cool things about the seventies are the retro objects in my Funkadelic Boogie pop culture art below!
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. The rules are simple:

1. Anyone can participate; any music genre
2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999
3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version
4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane
5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out
6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participantsIf you want to join in on the fun, click here.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

11 comments:

  1. I'm bot a big fan of Disco either, I have a few songs that I like, but for the most part, nah!

    I forgot YMCA was a disco song, I only this song when I've had too much to drink and I'm on the dance floor or at a basketball game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you didn't drink and dance to Disco Duck???? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to like "Macho Man" by The Village People. I was a fan of the music, which was introduced shortly after I graduated from high school. If I hear "Boogie Man" by K. C. and the Sunshine Band or numerous other disco songs, I am transported back to a simpler place and time. I totally understand those who did not like it. There are genres of music that suck to me too! Happy OSF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotta say, I agree about the fashion but some of those disco songs were great! I loved anything by Donna Summer--she did work hard for her money. And what about that fabulous and very hot "Disco Inferno?" It still makes want to get up and dance, dance, dance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I didn't remember Disco dance being this lame! I did like the Bee Gees, Saturday Night Fever, Donna Summer, and some of the other great songs. Hated the fashion then and don't like it any more today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feisty - If I liked any disco it was usually Donna Summer, Queen of Disco. And I shamefully do admit to spending my fair share of time in discotheques in the 70s, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Disco, all I can picture is me, with these really GOOD dancers and looking like a real dufus (is that a word?) trying to look coordinated. I'm STILL not a good dancer :-)

    Claudia, the Happy Nutritionist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Will I be forever shunned if I admit that I liked Disco? I love to dance and you have to admit that it was easy to dance to. I'm not saying they were musical masterpieces, but for just some light, fun dancing music, it was great. Come on, ladies, admit it. I'll bet some of you can still do the Hustle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claudia - You're making me remember some of those uncoordinated guys on the dance floors back than and how silly they looked. I'm quite sure you were never a doofus like some of them!

    Melodieann - No, you have every right to like Disco! I have to admit that every time I hear YMCA by the Village People I just want to get up and start making YMCA with my hands, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Disco. I love to dance, and disco music was right for it's time.
    The tribal beats get to me whether it is disco or native american music, celtic, or african tribal music.

    Some of the videos have been removed from youtube before I get a chance to see them.

    Hugs,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sally - I have found the video again and embeded the new code so you should be able to watch The Village People sing YMCA now!!!

    "Young men there's no need to feel down, I said, young men, pick yourself off the ground!"

    It's fun to stay at the YMCA, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...