20080816

DEATH OF THE KING - Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis left the Planet 31 Years Ago Today

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL
ELVIS AARON PRESLEY
January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977

Thank you, Thank you very much for all the music and may you still be rockin' in that big Graceland in the sky!

Ladies and Gentlemen, ELVIS Has Left The Planet is available as archival prints and giclees on canvas in various sizes at PopArtDiva.com. Copyright 2008 by PopArtDiva.com. All rights reserved. No permission is given to copy, distribute or reproduce without written permission from PopArtDiva.com.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

6 comments:

  1. PopArtDiva,

    What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Hugs,

    Sally

    www.stopsmokingwithdrsally.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see Elvis swiveling his hips among the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally - thank you!
    Did you know that Elvis was originally considered for the part of John Norman Howard (eventually played by Kris Kristofferson) in "A Star Is Born"? Barbra wanted him for the part but the Colonel stopped it from happening.

    How sad. The pairing of Elvis with Barbra Streisand would have been legendary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Elvis. There will never be another entertainer like him. Your interpretations are always inspiring and so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really cool piece of artwork. In case you haven't found it, here is an Elvis-themed blog that might interest you:

    http://howthewebwaswoven.blogspot.com/

    I discovered it last week when I was putting together my T13 about The Pelvis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Malcolm - I did this Elvis Tribute some years ago as an acrylic painting and decide to redo it digitally and add some stuff - it's one of my favorites along with my, Marilyn Monroe Tribute, Norma Jean Leaves The Scene in a Lilac Cadillac.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!