20080726

OLD SCHOOL FRIDAYS - MAKE UP SONG - JUDY'S TURN TO CRY

For my first Old School Friday post I decided to go back to my roots of teen romance - junior high! This song is the sequel to one of my favorites from those days of teen angst!

This is the ultimate make-up song for me because it's about getting a boyfriend back when he ditched you for someone else! "It's Judy's Turn To Cry" by Leslie Gore, sequel to "It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To" posted below so you won't miss any of the teenybopper anguish!






This meme was developed by
Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. The rules are simple:

1. Anyone can participate; any music genre

2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999

3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version

4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane

5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out

6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participants

If you want to join in on the fun, click here.

Get my Retro Inspired Pop Culture Art on Cool Stuff like Cups, Tees, Cards, Aprons and more at the POP ART DIVA BOUTIQUE!

10 comments:

  1. I remember my first boy/girl party. They played "It's My Party", and "Judy's Turn To Cry". I still remember that party, every time I hear those songs. They are two of my favorites as well. As always, a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the party...glad to have you!

    I love these...I have always liked "It's My Party..." I think it was my theme song there for a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, The first song I remember being played at a school dance was Bobby Vinton's Blue Velvet, it still brings back memories of a smelly gym decked out in crepe paper, farty little boys and frilly little girls - each group on it's own side of the room, lol.

    MsMarvealus- Thank you! This meme roundhouse will be fun!

    I know what you mean about the theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a huge Leslie Gore fan. Perhaps this was because I did my share of crying over boys in high school. Wow! Another reminder I'm glad I'm on the far side of fifty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feisty - yes it is nice to get to an age where the trivialities of romance don't bring on a week of crying, ice cream binges and panic that you will end up old and alone....
    ....oh, wait! I'm old and alone! Crap! Where's the Ben and Jerrys?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is true Old School or as you call it Prehistoric Old School. Anyhow, Leslie Gore is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, that's me - the Prehistoric Rocker, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow, I can't remember the music while we were playing spin the bottle. I was focused on who would be chosen by the bottle!!

    Hugs,

    Sally

    www.drsallywitt.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I hear "Judy's Turn To Cry", I always think of the time I worked at an AM station in Owosso. There was a lady named Judy who would request the song nearly every week. This used to drive another regular (also named Judy) crazy.

    Good choice for a make up song; now I'm in the mood to listen to some more Lesley Gore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have that problem - I can't think of one song with my given name, Terri, in it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my art and posts and welcome your honest opinions and thoughts! HOWEVER, please remember this is my "house" and I don't like impolite, mean or rowdy guests - spam and/or comments that include swear words, promote hate or are just negative to be negative will be immediately sent to the trash bin!